Vanilla cake without the eggs is a challenge – but we can do it! Make the funfetti version, what are you, a grown-up?
- 1 1/2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup unsweetened almond/soy milk
- Vegetable oil pan spray
- Preheat over to 175º c. Lightly grease one 9X5 inch cake pan. Vegetable oil pan spray works well.
- Sift together the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt. Add the oil, vanilla, applesauce, and almond milk. Mix together until smooth.
- Pour into prepared pan and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes for cake or 15-20 minutes for cupcakes. Remove from oven and allow to cool.